Depth Charts ¦ Offseason Review (Coming Soon!)
|1.15||DE – Bruce Irvin||West Virginia|
|Major reach here. Irvin is the definition of a one-trick pony. Sure he has speed, but offers nothing else as a pass rusher. With Coples and Ingram still on the board, I have no idea what Seattle was thinking here. This pick could be considered a slight reach in round 3.|
2.15 OLB Bobby Wagner,Utah St.
- Really like this pick. Wagner is a very physical OLB and would be a great fit in Seattle. He’s great in run defense, and is a 3 down LB. He can play in any spot, and should makes the Irvin pick a little easier to swallow.
3.12 QB Russell Wilson,Wisconsin
- I think Wilson is a solid competitor, but in my opinion he’s nothing more than a backup. After signing Matt Flynn, Wilson could be considered a slight reach here.
4.11 RB Robert Turbin,Utah St.
- I like this pick. Seattle needed some depth and insurance behind Marshawn Lynch. Turbin is a big powerful runner and has some serious game and will get a chance for some carries early.
4.19 DT Jaye Howard,Florida
- Seattle needed depth at DT but reach a little here with Howard. Not a bad pick, but I think there were better options at DT.
5.19 LB Korey Tomer,Idaho
- Seattle could use depth at their LB corps, but Tomer was not given a draftable grade by several media services.
6.2 CB Jeremy Lane,Northwestern St.
- Lane has some length and is very physical. Seattle needed some depth at CB so this is solid pick
6.11 S Winston Guy,Kentucky
- I like Guy here in the 6th. Guy will provide great depth and should become a great special teams contributor. He’s an in-the-box safety who could play some OLB.
7.18 DE JR Sweezy,NC State
- Sweezy will try to transition to OG for the Seahawks. Solid prospect at this point in the draft, but will face a major learning curve.
7.25 DE Greg Scruggs,Louisville
- Scruggs will give Seattle some versatility, but is facing an uphill climb to make the roster.
Overall Draft Grade
|QB||Signed Matt Flynn|
|OG||Signed Deuce Lutui|
|CB||Re-signed Marcus Trufant|
|RB||Re-Signed Marshawn Lynch; Signed Kregg Lumpkin|
- Released CB Marcus Trufant
- Re-signed DE Red Bryant
- Released OG Robert Gallery
- Signed DT Jason Jones
- Signed ILB Barrett Ruud
- Signed K Steven Hauschka
2012 Free Agents
|1.25||OT-James Carpenter||Suffered a season ending knee injury after starting half the season at RT (9/9)|
|3.75||OG-John Moffitt||Played well at RG then injured his MCL missing second half of season (9/9)|
|4.99||OLB-KJ Wright||Replaced Aaron Curry as starting OLB and did a great job (16/12)|
|4.107||WR-Kris Durham||Has potential, but missed of the season (3/0)|
|5.154||CB-Richard Sherman||Got a chance to start due to injures, should keep gig heading into 2012 (16/10)|
|5.156||FS-Mark Legree||Released at end of training camp (0/0)|
|6.173||CB-Byron Maxwell||Another guy with high potential, should get a solid chance next season (9/0)|
|7.205||DT-Lazarius Levingston||Adds depth and a solid rotational guy (4/0)|
|7.242||OLB-Malcolm Smith||Brings speed to the Seahawks, and is a solid ST contributor (12/0)|