Depth Charts ¦ Offseason Review (Coming Soon!)
|1.12||DT – Fletcher Cox||Miss. St.|
|Andy Reid loves having depth and talent in the trenches. He makes a great move and trades up to get Cox. He can play both inside and outside and gives the Eagles alot of versatility.|
2.14 LB Mychal Kendricks,Cal
- Kendricks is a solid LB and my #4 overall rated ILB, but I thought his value was in round 3. He was most likely play OLB in Philly, and since there was a need there, this pick makes sense.
2.27 DE Vinny Curry,Marshall
- Great pick for the Eagles. At one time, Curry was in my 1st round in several mock drafts. He hustles, has speed, and power and gives the Eagles depth at DE and will look great in the wide-9
3.25 QB Nick Foles,Arizona
- Foles will battle with Mike Kafka has the top backup for Michael Vick. I think Foles has the skill set to develop as a starter, but is still a few years away.
4.28 CB Brandon Boykin,Georgia
- Boykin had a borderline 1st/2nd round grade by me and provides excellent value in round 4. He can be a returner and a nickle corner right away. Excellent pick.
5.18 OT Dennis Kelly,Purdue
- Eagles needed some depth at OT, but I had a UDFA grade on Dennis Kelly.
6.24 WR Marvin McNutt,Iowa
- This is a good pick. McNutt can challenge for the #3 WR spot at some point in 2012. He doesn’t get separation like you want, but had 4th round value.
6.30 OG Brandon Washington,Miami(FL)
- Another steal of a pick. Washington could of gone in round 3 easily, and has great value here at the bottom of round 6. Can play both OT and Guard and gives Philly some solid versatility.
7.22 RB Bryce Brown,Eagles
- Brown has solid natural ability, but has yet to put it together. Will battle with UDFA Chris Polk for the Eagles #3 RB
Overall Draft Grade
|MLB||Acquired DeMeco Ryans|
|OT||Re-signed King Dunlap; Signed Demetress Bell|
|WR||Franchised DeSean Jackson|
(Other Potential Needs: DT,CB,G)
Eagles run defense has been abysmal this season. Immediate help will be needed at both Outside and Middle LB. RT is also an area of concern. Todd Herremans would be better suited inside and some young talent in his former position, strengthening 2 spots with 1 pick. In the case of DeSean Jackson leaving, WR then becomes a bigger need. Even if he does return, they still need to add some depth. Depth at DT should be addressed as well as S, which has benn an area of concern for a few years.
- Tendered DT Antonio Dixon
- Re-signed OG Evan Mathis
- Signed OG’s Michael Gibson and Steve Vallos
- Re-signed Derek Landri
2012 Free Agents
|1.23||OG-Danny Watkins||Struggled early, but was more consistent as season wore on (12/12)|
|2.54||FS-Jaiquwan Jarrett||Didn’t impress coaches enough to warrant more than 2 games as a starter (12/2)|
|3.90||CB-Curtis Marsh||Project player. 2012 will determine alot. (7/0)|
|4.116||OLB-Casey Matthews||Wasn’t ready as a starter, but played well coming in for certain packages (16/3)|
|4.120||K-Alex Henery||Great finish to the season. One of the better Kickers (16/0)|
|5.149||RB-Dion Lewis||Teams main kick returner, but only carried the ball 23 times (15/0)|
|5.161||OG-Julian Vandervelde||2011 was a learning year. Should get a chance to compete next year (1/0)|
|6.191||C-Jason Kelce||Was a great pick in the 6th. Started every game and was solid (16/16)|
|6.193||OLB-Brian Rolle||One of the better LB’s for the Eagles last season. Should only continue to get better (16/13)|
|7.237||MLB-Greg Lloyd||Got his work in on the practice squad while recovering from torn ACL in college (0/0)|
|7.240||RB-Stanley Havili||Spent all of 2011 on the practice squad. (0/0)|