Depth Charts ¦ Offseason Review (Coming Soon!)
2012 Draft Selections
|1.32||RB – David Wilson||Virginia Tech|
|You have to wonder if Wilson was their #1 choice for RB. With Martin gone the pick before, Giants might of ‘setteld’ for Wilson. But, it’s still a good pick. Wilson had a 2nd round grade, but he gives the Giants a homerun threat and forms a solid duo with Ahmad Bradshaw.|
2.31 WR Rueben Randle,LSU
- Solid pick. Randle could of been a 1st round selection but for some reason fell. After the departure of Mario Manningham, Randle should be able to fill the slot role immediately.
3.31 CB Jayron Hosley,Virginia Tech
- Hosley is a ballhawking CB who provides great depth as a nickle corner, and could be the Giants main return weapon. I had Hosley with 2nd round value, so this is an excellent pick.
4.32 TE Adrien Robinson,Cincinnati
- Giants needed some athleticism at TE and get a raw prospect who has a great blend of size,speed, and athleticism, albeit a round or two early.
4.36 OT Brandon Mosley,Auburn
- Mosley fits this range and fills the need of depth at OT. More suited as a RT who will need some time to develop.
6.31 OT Matt McCants,UAB
- McCants could of gone in round 3 and no one would of knocked the pick. He is a legit LT prospect, but is still a year or two away.
7.32 DT Markus Kuhn,NC State
- I like Kuhn, but he will have a tough time earning playing time. Might have to stick around the practice squad.
Overall Draft Grade
|MLB||Signed Chase Blackburn|
|OT||Signed Sean Locklear|
|TE||Signed Martellus Bennett|
(Other Potential Needs: WR,DT,OLB)
The Giants have a glaring hole at MLB as Marz Herzlich and Chase Blackburn are not the long term solutions, and injured MLB Jonathan Goff is set to be a FA after this season. You can also look for the Giants to address their O-line at all three spots this offseason since they have been underwhelming. While TE Jake Ballard has been solid they could look for a more athletic, pass catching TE in the middle of this years draft. We don’t know what the future has in store for Jacobs or Bradshaw at RB, but I dont see that combo lasting for to much longer. Giants should add depth later in the draft.
- Re-Signed Domenik Hixon
- Franchised P Steve Weatherford
- Tendered TE Bear Pascoe
- Release RB Brandon Jacobs
- Re-signed CB Terrell Thomas
- Re-signed CB’s Justin Tryon and Michael Coe
- Re-signed David Carr
- Acquired OLB Keith Rivers
- Signed DT Shaun Rodgers
2012 Free Agents
|1.19||CB-Prince Amukamara||Only played the last 7 games. Took his lumps as a rookie (7/0)|
|2.52||DT-Marvin Austin||Major upside. But missed the season with torn pec muscle (0/0)|
|3.83||WR-Jerel Jernigan||Solid returner, but never impressed as a WR (8/0)|
|4.117||OT-James Brewer||Developmental OT. Was never active (0/0)|
|6.185||ILB-Greg Jones||Earned starting job, then lost it. Solid LB overall (16/5)|
|6.198||SS-Tyler Sash||Excellent ST contributor. Provides depth (16/0)|
|6.202||OLB-Jacquian Williams||Opened eyes as the Giants top reserve LB (16/2)|
|7.221||RB-Da’Rel Scott||Has a future as 3rd RB, but never got a chance in 2011 (10/0)|