Depth Charts ¦ Offseason Review (Coming Soon!)
3.26 DT Akiem Hicks,Regina
- I like Hicks alot, but round 3 is a little early. He has a world of talent and huge upside, but you may not see results immediately. But he provides great depth behind Broderick Bunkley and Sedrick Ellis.
4.27 WR Nick Toon,Wisconsin
- Saints lost Robert Meachem this offseason so there was a hole on the depth chart for a WR. Plus, Toon has great value in round 4 and nothing wrong giving Drew Brees more weapons.
5.27 S Corey White,Samford
- White has solid size and speed combination, but at best he had a 7th round grade. It does however, fill a major need for the Saints in the defensive backfield.
6.9 OG Andrew Tiller,Syracuse
- With Evans and Grubbs entrenched as starters, Tiller will be a solid depth as a ferocious run blocker.
7.27 OT Marcel Jones,Nebraska
- Jones is solid in round 7, but at best is suited for Practice Squad type role
Overall Draft Grade
|OLB||Signed Chris Chamberlin|
|DT||Signed Broderick Bunkley; Signed Remi Ayodele|
|OG||Signed Ben Grubbs|
|WR||Re-Signed Adrian Arrington; Re-Signed WR Marques Colston;Re-signed Courtney Roby|
(Other Potential Needs: OT,C,TE)
First Drew Bress needs to be retained, and If possible, Carl Nicks is a priority as well. The Saints need to find help at stopping the run. DT’s Shaun Rogers and Aubrayo Franklin are both FA’s and they lack a play maker at the OLB spot. The play of their OT’s have been solid but if they have a chance to land a top T look for them to take advantage. Roman Harper needs to be replaced in the Secondary. With WR’s Colston,Meachem,and Arrington becoming FA’s I suspect the Saints to spend a mid-round pick at WR this April.
- Franchised QB Drew Brees
- Re-Signed C Brian De La Puerte
- Re-Signed DE Turk McBride
- Signed ILB Curtis Lofton
- Signed ILB David Hawthorne
2012 Free Agents
|1.24||DE-Cameron Jordan||Progressed weekly and did a solid job in run defense (16/15)|
|1.28||RB-Mark Ingram||Injuries slowed his development; In a crowded backfield for 2012 (10/4)|
|3.72||OLB-Martez Wilson||Never earned constant PT. Saw the field mostly on Special Teams (13/1)|
|3.88||CB-Johnny Patrick||Has the skill set to get better, slowed by injuries in ’11 (9/0)|
|7.226||DE-Greg Romeus||Spent the season on I.R. recovering from knee injury (0/0)|
|7.243||LB-Nate Bussey||Was on practice squad for entire season (0/0)|