Depth Charts ¦ Offseason Review (Coming Soon!)
|DE/OLB – Nick Perry||USC|
Nick Perry was #17 overall player, and the Packers needed to find someone opposite of Clay Matthews. I think this is a great selection and Perry brings the speed that Green Bay needs.
2.19 DT Jerel Worthy,Michigan St.
- Worthy could of easily gone in the 1st round, so for the Packers to trade up and get him is a great move. He will play as a 5-tech for Green Bay and should start immediately and become an excellent run stuffer.
2.30 CB Casey Heyward,Vanderbilt
- Packers needed more depth and youth at the CB spot and get it with Heyward. Great value late in the 2nd.
4.37 DT Mike Daniels,Iowa
- Packers continue to add depth at the 5-tech. Daniels has solid value at the bottom of round 4
4.38 S JeronMcMilliam,Maine
- Green Bay needed more talent and depth at S but McMilliam is a reach here. I think there were better options in the 4th round.
5.28 LB Terrell Manning,North Carolina St.
- Manning has great value here late in round 5. He was an OLB at NC State, but will most likely add depth at ILB in the Packers 3-4, but has the skill set and ability to become an edge rusher.
7.34 OT Andrew Datko,Florida St.
- Datko ended up not being highly regarded as many hoped, but has great value in the 7th and has a solid chance at making the roster.
7.36 QB BJ Coleman,Chatanooga
- Coleman makes for an excellent project to learn behind Aaron Rodgers, a la Matt Flynn.
Overall Draft Grade
|OLB||Re-signed Erik Walden|
|DE||Signed Anthony Hargrove|
|C||Signed Jeff Saturday|
|CB||Re-signed Jarrett Bush|
(Other Potential Needs: RB,TE,QB)
The Packers don’t have many glaring holes but they do need to find someone opposite of Clay Matthews at OLB and find a healthy DE as Mike Neal is often injured. The injury to Nick Collins at S really hurts the Packers long-term. They need to find a young playmker that they can pencil in for years down the line.Staying in the secondary, youth and depth is needed at CB. If C Scott Wells isn’t re-signed that position becomes a needWith Matt Flynn likey headed somewhere else this offseason, look for Green Bay to draft a developmental QB late in the draft.
- Re-signed TE Jermichael Finley
- Signed DT Daniel Muir
- Released OT Chad Clifton
- Released S Nick Collins
2012 Free Agents
|1.32||OT-Derek Sherrod||Was making solid progress untill he broke his leg late in the season (5/0)|
|2.64||WR-Randall Cobb||Dangerous weapon in return game and dependable slot guy (15/0)|
|3.96||RB-Alex Green||Was a quick promising back before injuring his knww (4/0)|
|4.131||CB-Davone House||Had durability concerns and never played on defense (2/0)|
|5.141||TE-DJ Williams||Athletic TE who only recorded 2 catches, but coaches are high on him (13/0)|
|6.179||OG-Caleb Schlauderaff||Traded to the Jets (0/0)|
|6.186||ILB-DJ Smith||Fiesty LB who did a good job filling in for injuries (16/3)|
|6.197||DL-Ricky Elmore||Cut in training camp (0/0)|
|7.218||TE-Ryan Taylor||Great ST contributor (15/0)|
|7.233||DE-Lawrence Guy||Spent all of 2011 on IR due to concussion (0/0)|