Depth Charts ¦ Offseason Review (Coming Soon!)
|1.23||OT Riley Reiff||Iowa|
|Finally, the Lions decide to give Stafford more protection. Reiff is very versatile and can line up all over the line. Should be an immediate starter in Detroit.|
2.22 WR Ryan Broyles,Oklahoma
- This would be graded higher if Broyles was healthier. When he gets 100%, he could form a great trio with Megatron and Titus Young. The only question is, when can he play, and why not Rueben Randle?
3.22 CB Dwight Bentley,UL-Lafayette
- I have a late 2nd round grade on Bentley and the Lions have a need at CB. Bentley posses quick feet and solid overall athleticism, and at worst should challenge for the nickel spot immediately.
4.30 LB Ronnell Lewis,Oklahoma
- Lewis has value here in the 4th round, but I think he’s a beter fit in as an OLB in the 3-4. He can play both DE and OLB and will be a project early on and provides depth and starter potential in the future.
5.3 OLB Tahir Whithead,Temple
- I like Whitehead here for the Lions. He was very productive at Temple and will provide great production on ST and is a solid depth and rotational guy.
5.13 CB Chris Greenwood,Albion
- Greenwood is someone who has seen his stock rise significantly over the past several weeks. He’s a raw CB who has a world of potential.
6.26 DB Jonte Green,New Mexico St.
- At this point Lions continue to add depth to their secondary. Green is a versatile DB who needs to earn his keep on special teams.
7.16 OLB Travis Lewis,Oklahoma
- Lewis has mid-round value, so addressing a need and getting great value in return makes this a solid pick
Overall Draft Grade
|OT||Tendered Corey Hilliard; Re-signed Jeff Backus|
|CB||Signed Jacob Lacey|
|DE||Franchised Cliff Avril; Sign Everette Brown|
(Other Potential Needs: RB,LB,QB)
This has to be the year the Lions finally find a legit LT to keep Stafford protected. He’s too valuable to this team not to. A lockdown CB and depth will need to be addressed as well. With Deandre Levy and Stephen Tulloch both having their contracts expire at the end of the year, either sighing them, or someone else will be key for the Lions. At RB, given the injury history at that spot , look for them to possibly draft a RB late with a high ceiling.
- Tendered LB DeAndre Levy
- Tendered DT Sammie Hill
- Re-signed QB Shaun Hill
- Re-signed Stephen Tulloch
- Re-signed OLB Ashlee Palmer and DT Andre Fluellen
- Re-signed RB Kevin Smith
2012 Free Agents
|DT-Sammie Lee Hill|
|1.13||DT-Nick Fairley||Foot injury slowed him down, but has a world of potential (10/0)|
|2.44||WR-Titus Young||Speedy WR with a bright future. Great compliment to Calvin Johnson (16/9)|
|2.57||RB-Mikel LeShoure||Missed the season with torn Achilles, but Lions love his potential (0/0)|
|5.157||OLB-Doug Houge||Reserve LB who was a solid ST contributor (13/0)|
|7.209||OT-Johnny Culbreath||Elbow injury caused him to miss entire season (0/0)|