Depth Charts ¦ Season Review (Coming Soon!)
|1.13||WR – Michael Floyd||Notre Dame|
|Cards have lacked a solid #2 since Boldin left. Now Larry Fitzgerald and whoever plays under C have help on the outside. Floyd is an ideal #2 guy, and will be a great addition in Arizona|
3.17 CB Jamell Fleming,Oklahoma
- Fleming is a very physical CB who fills an immediate need for the Cardinals. Could fight for a starting job opposite Patrick Peterson right away.
4.17 OT Bobby Massie,Ole Miss
- Massie was a solid 2nd round prospect that fills an immediate need in Arizona. Could start day 1. He’s a little stiff off the ball at times, but it round 4 I think this is an excellent pick.
5.16 OG Senio Kelemete,Washington
- Big fan of Kelemete here. He had 4th-5th round value and solid overall lineman who excels in the run game.
6.7 CB Justin Bethel,Presbyeterian
- Bethel is small school corner with some serious game. Can play early in dime packages and on Special teams.
6.15 QB Ryan Lindley,San Diego St.
- Arizona doesn’t exactly have a franchise QB so taking a chance on a developmental QB here is a smart move.
7.14 OT Nate Potter,Boise St.
- Potter’s stock declined throughout the offseason,but I think he’s more talented than most 7th rounders. Could compete during pre-season.
Overall Draft Grade
|CB||Tendered Greg Toler; Signed William Gay|
|WR||Re-signed Stephen Williams; Re-signed Early Doucet|
|DE||Franchised Calais Campbell|
(Other Potential Needs: G,OLB,NT)
Cardinals need to improve the protection for Kevin Kolb if they plan on moving forward with him, as well as finding help opposite an emerging star Patrick Peterson at the CB spot. At the WR spot, Andre Roberts and Early Doucet are both solid 3rd and 4th options, but neither has emerged as a threat opposite of Larry Fitzgerald. Arizona is also thin at ILB and at DE, especially if Calais Campbell leaves for via FA.
- Re-Signed S Rashad Johnson
- Release OT Levi Brown
- Signed OG Adam Snyder
- Re-signed K Jay Feeley
- Re-signed LS Mike Leach
- Signed S James Sanders
- Re-signed P Dave Zastudil
2012 Free Agents
|1.5||CB-Patrick Peterson||Tied an NFL record with 4 Punt return TD’s. Got better every week as a CB (16/16)|
|2.38||RB-Ryan Williams||Lost for the season to a ruptured patella tendon (0/0)|
|3.69||TE-Robert Housler||Potential as a solid TE, Huge upside (12/2)|
|4.103||OLB-Sam Acho||Earned starting job halfway through season, and finished with 7 sacks (16/10)|
|5.136||FB-Anthony Sherman||Solid blocker who became the starter. Suffered season ending injury late (15/7)|
|6.171||ILB-Quan Sturdivant||Spent the 2011 season on the practice squad (0/0)|
|6.184||NT-David Carter||Very solid pick. Played well and was part of the rotation along the D-line (16/0)|
|7.249||WR-DeMarco Sampson||Solid WR who showed some promise. Had some durability concerns (11/0)|