Depth Charts ¦ Offseason Review (Coming Soon!)
|1.20||WR – Kendall Wright||Baylor|
|Just because I gave this 3.5 stars, dont think it’s because I don’t like it. I thought the Titans had a bigger need at DE, and with Mercilus and Jones still there, I thought that would be the direction. But, Wright gives Jake Locker another weapon and gives them more security at WR with the questions surrounding Kenny Britt.|
2.20 OLB Zach Brown,North Carolina
- Brown is one of the fastest LB’s in recent years, but really lacks any physicality. He will most likely contribute on ST until he can take over in the future for Will Witherspoon.
3.19 DT Mike Martin,Michigan
- Martin is extremely explosive and has a solid 3rd round grade. Should pair up with Karl Klug and gives the Titans more weapons to get the QB, something that the Titans lacked.
4.20 CB Coty Sensabaugh,Clemson
- Titans had a hole after the departure of Cortland Finnegan, and Sensabaugh is solid, but I think in round 4 there are better options.
5.10 DE Taylor Thompson,SMU
- Thompson is an intriguing pick. He give the Titans more depth at DE, but he can also line up as a TE. His stock has been rising of late and lands in a great spot in Tennessee.
6.20 S Markelle Martin,Oklahoma St.
- Martin should of been selected by now. He’s quick and works well in space. Titans lacked any true depth at Safety so this is a great pick.
7.4 DE Scott Solomon,Rice
- I like this selection alot. Titans need all the depth and talent they can find at DE. Solomon is a tough,high effort defender who should stick around on the Titans roster.
Overall Draft Grade
|C||Re-Signed Fernando Velasco|
|OLB||Re-signed Patrick Bailey; Signed Kamerion Wimbley|
|OG||Signed Steve Hutchinson|
|WR||Re-Signed LaVell Hawkins|
(Other Potential Needs: S,G,DT)
The Titans have invested their future on Chris Johnson, now they must get stronger on the interior of the Offensive line to make sure that the investment pays off. Look for Tennessee to upgrade both C and G this offseason and guys like Peter Konz or David DeCastro could be 1st Rd picks for the Titans. They could also look for a fast WR to play slot and give Locker more weapons going forward. On Defense, DE Jason Jones is set to be a FA and Derrick Morgan hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire so an upgrade at DE could be a possibility. OLB is another area of concern because aging Will Witherspoon will be headed into a contract year.FS Michael Griffin is set be a FA, and SS could be upgraded as well
- Franchised S Michael Griffin
- Re-Signed S Jordan Babineaux
- Re-signed C Fernando Velasco
- Re-Signed OLB Patrick Bailey
- Re-signed ILB Tim Shaw
- Signed DT Legar Douzable
2012 Free Agents
|1.8||QB-Jake Locker||Displayed playmaking abilities in limited action. Bright future (5/0)|
|2.39||OLB-Akeem Ayers||Solid all around LB, who started every game. (16/16)|
|3.77||DT-Jurrell Casey||Solid contributor, who has good quickness for a big DT (16/15)|
|4.109||ILB-Colin McCarthy||Made an impact after taking over starting role midway through season (13/7)|
|4.130||RB-Jaime Harper||Mainly made his mark on ST. Never really cracked RB rotation (13/0)|
|5.142||DT-Karl Klug||Steal in the 5th round. Lead team in sacks (16/1)|
|6.175||OT-Byron Stingily||Inactive all season, Raw. Still developing (0/0)|
|7.212||DT-Zach Clayton||Contributed on ST. Could be in for more action in 2012 (3/0)|
|7.251||CB-Tommie Campbell||Speed kept him on the roster. Solid in ST (15/0)|