Depth Charts ¦ Offseason Review (Coming Soon!)
3.32 OT Tony Bergstrom,Utah
- Bergstrom can play either OG or OT and has solid strength and natural ability to fight for a starting job.
4.34 OLB Miles Burris,San Diego St.
- Burris is an underrated OLB that can contribute early on for the Raiders. His value fits this range.
5.23 DE Jack Crawford,Penn St.
- I like this Crawford pick. He has great value in this round and will contribute as a great rotational guy at DE with potential to earn a starting gig.
5.33 WR Juron Criner,Arizona
- Great pick by the Raiders. Criner had a 2nd-3rd round grade and brings size and play making ability. Hugh redzone target for the Raiders.
6.19 DL Christo Bilukidi,Georgia St
- Bilukidi is a versatile DL prospects who is extremely raw. Needs to add some bulk to hang onto the Raiders roster.
7.23 OLB Nathan Stupar,Penn St.
- Stupar is a solid value pick here. He adds some depth and talent to a thin group of OLB’s.
Overall Draft Grade
|NT/DT||Tendered Desmond Bryant|
|OLB||Signed Phillip Wheeler|
|CB||Signed Ron Bartell; Signed Pat Lee|
|OG||Re-signed Cooper Carlisle|
(Other Potential Needs: WR,RB,SS)
The Raiders won’t have many picks in this year draft after trading for Carson Palmer and using a Supplemental pick on Terrell Pryor. With the picks they do have they need to focus on finding ways to get to the QB. Rumors are abound that they are switching to a 3-4 D. If they do make this move, they will need to find the pieces to fit that sort of move. Such as a NT, and an OLB. They have some athletic young guys at CB, but until one of them steps up and becomes a #1 CB, they could invest more into this position. On the other side, finding a possession WR to pair with DHB, and an athletic TE could be directions they go.
- Placed Franchise Tag on S Tyvon Branch
- Released S Hiram Eugene
- Tendered FB Marcel Reese
- Released TE Kevin Boss
- Released OG Cooper Carlisle and DT John Henderson
- Released OLB Kamerion Wimbley
- Re-signed Khalif Barnes
- Acquired RB Mike Goodson
- Re-signed S Matt Giordano
- Signed QB Matt Lienart
- Signed OT Ed Wang
2012 Free Agents
|2.48||OG/C-Stefan Wisniewski||Already has the making of one of the leagues better interior o-lineman (16/16)|
|3.81||CB-DeMarcus Van Dyke||Corner with great speed, but still raw as a cover man (14/4)|
|3.92||OT-Jospeh Barksdale||Saw situational PT in ’11, could challenge for starting spot next season (16/0)|
|4.113||CB-Chimdi Chekwa||Forced to IR early in the season (4/1)|
|4.125||RB-Taiwan Jones||Speedy RB looked great in preseason, but injuries cut his season short (10/0)|
|5.148||WR-Denarius Moore||Great pick in the 5th round, Should be the Raiders #1 weapon in 2012 (13/10)|
|6.181||TE-Richard Gordon||Needs to develop overall game to earn PT in ’12 (14/1)|
|7.241||WR-David Ausberry||Raw project type who earned his stripes on ST (12/0)|