Depth Charts ¦ Offseason Review (Coming Soon!)
|1.8||QB – Ryan Tannehill||Texas A&M|
|My feelings on Tannehill are different from others, as he is my #46 ranked player. But if the Dolphins think he can be the guy, then they had no other choice. He has the physical tools, but I question his decision making and how he will be against NFL defenses.|
2.10 OT Jonathan Martin,Stanford
- Excellent pick for Miami. With Tannehill now under Center, Miami had to get better up front. Martin is an ideal RT, and the Dolphins happened to have a hole to fill opposite of Jake Long
3.9 DE Olivier Vernon,Miami(FL)
- Vernon gives the Dolphins some versatility but his value was later on. A little early in my opinion.
3.15 TE Michael Egnew,Missouri
- Egnew gives the Dolphins and Ryan Tannehill a great vertical weapon. Not to mention the Dolphins had a need at TE and Egnew’s value falls in this range.
4.2 RB Lamar Miller,Miami(FL)
- Miller had a legit 1st round grade from me and I consider this a major steal. Will form a solid duo with Daniel Thomas, but i’m curious on how they use him with Reggie Bush there as well. Future potential.
5.20 OLB Josh Kaddu,Oregon
- Kaddu is an extremely athletic LB who will help the Dolphins transition to the 4-3. He will bring speed and a solid skill set to Miami.
6.13 WR BJ Cunningham,Michigan St.
- Dolphins finally land their WR and Cunningham has a chance to get some PT early, but not a huge threat after the catch.
7.8 DT Kheeston Randall,Texas
- Randall is a strong athletic DT who had a draft value much higher than this. Great pickup this late.
7.20 WR Rishard Matthews,Nevada
- Matthews is a solid WR who has a great chance to make this team and earn a significant amount of PT.
Overall Draft Grade
|QB||Signed David Garrard|
|OLB||Signed Jamaal Westerman; Signed Gary Guyton|
|OT||Sign Lydon Murtha|
(Other Potential Needs: CB,NT,TE)
Tony Sporano won’t be back, and while Matt Moore has been adequate, the new HC will want his own QB. Also, look for whoever is in charge to find upgrades at OG for Richie Incognito and at RT for Marc Colombo. Cameron Wake will needs some help opposite him at OLB and the Dolphins need to find a FS who can make plays in the middle of the field.
- Re-signed DT Paul Soliai
- Signed CB Richard Marshall
- Re-signed RB Reggie Bush
- Signed S Tyrell Johnson
- Signed WR Legedu Naane
- Released DE Phillip Merling
2012 Free Agents
|1.15||C-Mike Pouncey||Had a great rookie season as one the Dolphins best O-lineman (16/16)|
|2.62||RB-Daniel Thomas||Started of good, but wore down as the season went on (13/2)|
|4.111||WR-Clyde Gates||Didn’t contribute much as a WR, but was a solid returner (15/0)|
|6.174||TE-Charles Clay||Looks like a solid FB in the making. Caught 3 TD’s (3/0)|
|7.231||DT-Frank Kearse||Claimed by Carolina after the Dolphins released him (0/0)|
|7.235||SS-Jimmy Wilson||Very solid for a 7th rd pick. Future nickel corner (15/1)|