Depth Charts ¦ Offseason Review (Coming Soon!)
|1.11||DT – Dontari Poe||Memphis|
|I like Poe, but I question his ability to play as a NT. I think he’s best suited in a 4-3, or even as a 5-tech in a 3-4. I think they would of been better off by selecting David DeCastro here.|
2.12 OT Jeff Allen,Illinois
- Personally I’m not as high on Allen as others, but like the Panthers pick, it’s hard to fault a team for landing someone who should start from Day 1 and help protect your QB.
3.11 OT Donald Stephenson,Oklahoma
- Stephenson is a talented OT, but he’s a major project. He has a high ceiling, but Kansas City will need to be patient. I think this is a few rounds too early however
4.12 WR Devon Wylie,Fresno St.
- I like this pick. Wylie gives them a solid returner and speed slot type. Has some durability issues, but a solid selection here in the 4th.
5.11 CB De’Quan Menzie,Alabama
- Not a big fan of Menzie but in round 5 the Chiefs needed to address their depth at CB. He has great instincts, but gambles too much which hurts him deep alot.
6.12 RB Cyrus Gray,Texas A&M
- This is a great pick for the Chiefs. Gray had a solid 4th round grade, and gives them great depth and insurance behind Jamaal Charles and Peyton Hillis.
7.11 DT Jerome Long,San Diego St.
- Long gives the Chiefs more depth at DE which they needed. As a solid chance to make the roster.
7.31 WR Junior Hemingway, Michigan
- Hemingway brings a solid skill set to the table and will an oppurutnity to win the #5 WR job.
Overall Draft Grade
|QB||Signed Brady Quinn|
|OT||Signed Eric Winston|
|ILB||Tendered Jovan Belcher|
|NT||Tendered Armon Gordon|
|TE||Signed TE Kevin Boss|
- Signed CB Stanford Routt
- Franchised WR Dwayne Bowe
- Signed RB Peyton Hillis
- Signed CB Mikal Baker
2012 Free Agents
|1.26||WR-Jonathan Baldwin||Finished strong, but showed attitude towards players and coaches (11/3)|
|2.55||OG-Rodney Hudson||Played G and C. Should battle for a strting job in 2012 (16/1)|
|3.70||OLB-Justin Houston||Played great at end of season. Finished with 5.5 sacks (16/10)|
|3.86||DE-Allen Bailey||Inconsistent but was a part of D-line rotation (16/0)|
|4.118||CB-Jalil Brown||Only major impact came on ST. Limited action on defense (14/0)|
|5.135||QB-Ricky Stanzi||Didn’t develop enough to earn look late in the season (0/0)|
|5.140||OLB-Gabe Miller||Spent season on IR (0/0)|
|6.199||DT-Jerrell Powe||Never made an impact on defense in limited playing time (1/0)|
|7.223||RB-Shane Bannon||Cut; Re-Signed and spent year on Ir (0/0)|