|1.5||WR-Justin Blackmon||Oklahoma St.|
|Blackmon isn’t AJ Green or Julio Jones, but he does have #1 potential. Jacksonville was in dire need of WR help, so giving up a 4th to makes sure they got him makes sense.|
2.6 DE Andre Branch, Clemson
- Jags needed a playmaker at DE and got one with Branch. He’s anatrual 4-3 edge rusher and provides as an upgrade over Aaron Kampman, and will potentialy take over as the teams top pass rusher alongside Jeremy Mincey
3.7 P Bryan Anger,Cal
- Anger is the best Punter in this class, but this is the 3rd round. Way too early.
5.7 LB Brandon Marshall,Nevada
- Jacksonville needs depth all along their LB corps, so can’t really bash this pick much, but I think there were much better options available.
6.6 CB Mike Harris,Florida St.
- I like Harris alot and wouldn’t of been shocked if he was a 4th round selection. Has the instincts,versatility, and skill set to earn PT right away.
7.21 DT Jeris Pendelton,Ashland
Overall Draft Grade
|WR||Signed Laurent Robinson; Signed Lee Evans|
|DE||Re-signed Jeremy Mincey|
|CB||Re-Signed Resean Mathis; Signed Aaron Ross; Re-signed William Middleton|
|OT||Re-Signed Guy Whimper; Re-Signed Will Robinson|
(Other Potential Needs: QB,FS,LB Depth)
Different season, same need for the Jags. While Gabbert has been too impressive he doesn’t have great weapons at WR either. They must find a legitimate #1 option. They also could look for some competition along the whole O-line, and need to think about finding Brad Meeseter eventual replacement at C. On Defense, they need to find someone to get to the opposing QB from the DE spot and improve at CB.
- Released WR Kassim Osgood
- Re-signed S Dwight Lowery
- Signed QB Chad Henne
- Re-signed OLB Russell Allen
- Re-signed DT CJ Mosley
- Re-signed S Courtney Greene
- Re-signed FB Brock Bolen
- Signed DT David Howard
- Signed LB JoJo Dickson
2012 Free Agents
|1.10||QB-Blaine Gabbert||Started 4 games, but looks scared in the pocket. Seems to be on a short leash (15/14)|
|3.76||OG-Will Rackley||Inconsistent, but improved as the season went on (15/14)|
|4.114||WR-Cecil Shorts||Bad hamstring derailed his development. Needs a big 2012 (10/0)|
|4.121||S-Chris Prosiniski||showed promise before ending on IR (13/1)|
|5.147||CB-Rod Issac||Appeared in 3 games before being lost for season (3/0)|