|1.1||QB – Andrew Luck||Stanford|
|It’s been obvious that Andrew Luck was going to be the pick for sometime. He should be the face of the Colts for the next decade, but his success will largely depend on how the Colts fill out the rest of the roster.|
2.2 TE Coby Fleener, Stanford
- Colts don’t have a legit receiving threat at TE. Brody Eldridge is nothing more than a blocker, and now Fleener brings a ton to the Colts. Not to mention the familiarity that he brings having caught passes from Andrew Luck.
3.1 TE Dwayne Allen,Clemson
- Colts needed weapons, now they have the top 2 TE’s in the draft
3.29 WR TY Hilton,FIU
- The Colts needed weapons for Andrew Luck and they are addressing those needs. Hilton is extremely quick and is a dangerous return man.
5.1 DT Josh Chapman,Alabama
- I really thought that Chapman would of been gone by now. Since the Colts are transitioning to the 3-4, Chapaman can start right away at NT for Indy.
5.35 RB Vic Ballard,Miss. St.
- I had a feeling that the Colts would address the RB position sometime late in this draft. Ballard is a tough runner who can earn some carries early on. Good value pick.
6.36 WR LaVon Brazill,Ohio
- Another pick to ensure that Andrew Luck has the weapons to succeed. Brazill has good value here.
7 OT/G Justin Anderson,Georgia
- Anderson should be able to compete at RT against Winston Justice. Provides versatility as well
7 LB Tim Fugger,Vanderbilt
7 QB Chandler Harnish,Northern Illinois,
- Harnish will enter camp in a battle with Drew Stanton for #2 QB
Overall Draft Grade
|QB||Acquired Drew Stanton,Andrew Luck R1|
|C/G||Signed Samson Satele|
|WR||Re-sign Reggie Wayne|
|SS||Sign Tom Zbikowski|
(Other Potential Needs: OLB,TE,DE)
This season just goes to show how valuable Peyton Manning really is. While the Colts are pretty much locked to land the #1 pick and nab Andrew Luck, they might be better served if they could trade down and address the many issues on this roster. They need to find some guys who can step up in the middle of the offensive line and need to think about getting younger and more consistent at WR. Defensively, they need more talent and play makers in the secondary.
- Re-signed DE Robert Mathis
- Released QB Peyton Manning
- Released RB Joseph Addai,TE Dallas Clark,QB Curtis Painter,S Melvin Bullitt
- Acquired OT Winston Justice from the Eagles in exchange for swap of 6th round picks
- Signed DT Cory Redding
- Signed TE Kyle Miller
- Signed DT Brandon McKinney
2012 Free Agents
|1.22||OT-Anthony Castonzo||Won the starting job, but injuries slowed him down. High ceiling (12/12)|
|2.49||T/G-Benjamin Ijalana||Versatile lineman showed potential, but knee injury ended his season (4/0)|
|3.87||DT-Drake Nevis||Played great at DT until a back injury ended his season (5/0)|
|4.119||RB-Delone Carter||Big play RB who has a chance to be the guy in 2012 (16/3)|
|6.188||S-Chris Rucker||Played solid late in the season when forced to start due to injuries (15/4)|