Depth Chart ¦ Offseason Review (Coming Soon!)
|1.17||CB – Dre Kirkpatrick||Alabama|
|Bengals had a major hole to fill at CB, and grab the last 1st rd graded CB. He’s a very physical defender who will flourish under Mike Zimmer. The only reason I don’t give a full 5 star is, David DeCastro is a blue chip prospect who’s still on the board.|
|OG – Kevin Zeitler||Wisconsin|
Im probably going to like this pick more than most. I think Zeitler is really good Guard and provides immediate upgrade for the Bengals. He’s a mauler in the run game and fits perfectly with what the Bengals are doing on offense.
2.21 DT Devon Still,Penn St
- I had the Bengals selecting a DT in the 2nd round of several mocks, and I think this is a great pick. Still was #28 overall guy, and gives the Bengals size and depth up front.
3.20 WR Mohamed Sanu,Rutgers
- Absolutely love this pick. Sanu could easily go in round 2. He can become a starter on day 1, and will take pressure off of AJ Green. Also gives an added dimension in the Wildcat option.
3.30 DT Brandon Thompson,Clemson
- Bengals continue to add depth to the DT position. Thompson had a 2nd round grade so he has value, but after the selection of Devon Still, it’s interesting they go with another DT.
4.21 TE Orsen Charles,Gerogia
- Bengals give Andy Dalton yet another weapon. Charles had a solid 3rd round grade and can form a formidable duo with Jermaine Gresham
5.21 CB Shaun Prater,Iowa
- I though Prater would of been selected by now. He gives the Bengals some added depth and will contribute on Special teams.
5.31 Marvin Jones,Cal
- Jones has a solid 3rd round grade and can develop has a solid #2 or #3 WR. This is a major steal and the Bengals have the making of a dangerous receiving corps.
5.32 S George Iloka,Boise St.
- Bengals are putting together a great draft. Iloka is going to flourish under Mike Zimmer. He’s a hard hitter who provides tremendous help in the run game.
6.21 RB Dan Herron,Ohio St.
- Herron will never be a guy that will carry the ball 20-25 times a game, but he can be a solid #3, and makes for a solid selection in the 6th
Overall Draft Grade
|RB||Signed BenJarvis Green-Ellis|
|OG||Signed Travelle Wharton;Signed Jacob Bell|
|CB||Signed Jason Allen; Sign Terrance Newman|
|DT||Re-signed Pat Sims|
(Other Potential Needs: S,DE,OLB)
The Bengals have a bright future with Andy Dalton,AJ Green,A solid D, and high picks from the Carson Palmer trade. With Benson not getting any younger and hitting the open market this off season the Bengals could use one of their two 1st rd picks on a RB. Interior O Line needs help and depth while they could use another good WR to take pressure of AJ Green. On Defense look for Cincy to find a top CB to replace what they lost with Jonathan Jospeh and more talent aand depth in their front seven.
- Franchised K Mike Nugent
- Re-sign Reggie Nelson
- Signed DE’s Jamaal Anderson and Derrick Harvey
- Re-signed OT Anthony Collins
- Re-signed OLB Manny Lawson
- Released S Chris Crocker
2012 Free Agents
|1.4||WR-AJ Green||Made Pro-Bowl and is a legit #1 weapon (15/15)|
|2.35||QB-Andy Dalton||Tossed 20 TD’s and lead team to the playoffs. (16/16)|
|3.66||OLB-Dontay Moch||Durability concerns but has intriguing upside (0/0)|
|4.101||OG-Clint Boling||Started due to injuries, but was inconsistent (5/3)|
|5.134||FS-Robert Sands||Was in a logjam at S, and never flashed to earn any playing time (1/0)|
|6.167||WR-Ryan Whalen||Made some plays late, will have a chance to earn more time in 2012 (4/0)|
|7.207||CB-Korey Lindsey||Waived in training camp (0/0)|
|7.246||RB-Jay Finley||Waived in training camp (0/0)|