Depth Chart ¦ Offseason Review (Coming Soon)
2.3 DE/OLB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama
- This is an excellent pick. After losing Jarrett Johnson, the Ravens need to find a compliment to Terrell Suggs. Upshaw is a 1st round talent here for the Ravens and my #14 overall player.
2.28 OL Kelechi Osemele,Iowa St.
- Osemele is one my favorite and most underrated prospects. Osemele has great length and can start right away at either RT or Guard.
3.21 RB Bernard Pierce,Temple
- Ravens needed someone to backup and take some work from Ray Rice. Pierce is a big back that can push the pile and had great value in round 3.
4.3 OG Gino Gradkowski,Delaware
- Gradkowski is raw project who needs to add some bulk. He has some game, but I think it’s to early for him to be off the board.
4.35 S Christian Thompson,South Carolina St.
- I understand the need of addressing Safety, but I think Thompson is major reach with guys like Markelle Martin and Phillip Thomas still available.
5.34 CB Asa Jackson,Cal-Poly
- Jackson needs time to develop, but has intriguing potential,speed and shows good range. I like his value here in the bottom of the 5th.
6.28 WR Tommy Streeter,Miami(FL)
- Major steal at the bottom on round 6. Streeter combines size and speed and will have a solid chance to earn a good amount of catches early on.
7 DT DeAngelo Tyson,Georgia
- Should have a solid chance to become the backup to Terrance Cody at NT.
Overall Draft Grade:
|ILB||Re-signed Jameel McClain and Brendan Ayanbedajo|
|S||Signed Sean Considine|
|C||Re-sign Matt Birk|
|QB||Signed Curtis Painter|
(Other Potential Needs: WR,OLB,RB)
The Ravens will be looking to replace an average LT in Bryant McKinnie once this season is over. At C, Matt Birk is set to be a FA plus is getting long in the tooth, so a replacement could be sought out during the offseason. On Defense, the Ravens will need to be found to eventually replace future Hall of Famer Ray Lewis. Speaking of replacing future Hall of Famers, Baltimore will need to think of finding Ed Reed’s successor and finding a SS to play alongside of him. Depending on how Tyrod Taylor develops, they could look for a young developmental QB behind Flacco.
- Placed franchise tag on RB Ray Rice
- Released CB’s Domonique Foxworth and Chris Carr
- Released WR Lee Evans
- Tendered CB Ladarius Webb
- Tendered CB Cary Williams
- Signed WR Jacoby Jones
- Signed DL Ryan McBean
2012 Free Agents
|1.27||CB-Jimmy Smith||Displayed some great moments and his still developing as aCB (12/3)|
|2.58||WR-Torrey Smith||Hauled in 7 TD’s and became on of the Ravens top weapons (16/14)|
|3.85||OT-Jah Reid||Became the top reserve O-lineman and has a bright future (16/0)|
|4.123||WR-Tandon Doss||Didn’t develop the way anyone hoped. Inactive several times and dropped on depth (6/0)|
|5.164||CB-Chykie Brown||Work in progress, Totaled 4 tackles (7/0)|
|5.165||DE-Pernell McPhee||A steal in the 5th round. Finished with 6 sacks (16/0)|
|6.180||QB-Tyrod Taylor||Earned backup job in camp (3/0)|
|7.225||RB-Anthony Allen||Made the roster, but only was active through week 5 (5/0)|